From: Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 6:05 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: He3 community input (custom tag paths/mappings)

For various types of features we would like to implement in He3, we
need the ability to locate files that are defined by runtime
information which won't be available. Examples of this include
resolving cfincludes, custom tag calls, and CFC dot notation
references. One way to solve this is for projects in He3 to be
configured with custom tag paths and mappings that match the settings
in the target platform. That leads to a few implications. First, it
requires the developer to actually configure information in a project.
I know DWMX's project configuration annoyed me when I was used to just
pointing Studio at a file system directory. Second, the project's
settings could get out of sync with the target platform thus causing
unexpected behavior.

Any thoughts on the proposed solution?

-Matt

  _____