On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 23:09, Dave Watts wrote:
> > I was thinking - I have been focusing on Bluedragon quite a
> > bit as of late, and is cfml the only language that can be
> > used on .net *and* java?
>
> You can compile Java code against .NET using JUMP, although I don't know how
> well that actually works. You can also write Python and use that with .NET
> through Python for .NET, or Java through Jython. Those are two examples that
> come immediately to mind. I'm sure there are more.

Ahh yeah forgot about python... JUMP? googling...

Is python and Jython the same syntax, etc? could you write one file and
have it run the same in both environments? - kind of getting off topic
(if there ever was one). Does it compile to "native" code (as much as C#
and java are native anyway) or is it like BSF? - Thanks for the
information Dave.

(I still think its pretty cool that cfml runs in both settings)

--
Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>