On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:10:08 +0100, Paul Vernon
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's probably not a great idea to set the proprietary Microsoft mailer
> headers if you aren't sending a mail from a Microsoft application. This is a
> well known spammers technique and can get your mails blocked by content
> filters that can spot the difference...

We sent out a small batch of newsletters manually from Outlook 2003
the other day, and got SpamAssassin bounces telling us the message was
blocked for "pretending" to be from Outlook. They *were* from bloody
Outlook! I don't know, maybe older versions of SpamAssassin don't
recognise the Outlook 2003 x-mailer. It's very frustrating.

--
Kay Smoljak
http://kay.smoljak.com