> When I try to go to the admin page on our development server
> (http://development.ourdomain.com/CFIDE/administrator/index.cf
> m), I'm seeing nothing but gobbeldygook (first line sample:
> Allaire Cold Fusion Template Header Size: New
> Version£çò~Áð¬Õh/ÔÜý¥Æhqؤä8X°É¿Ìò©?P^qv ßNÊÒ?ùFÍû'ÉÊ
> "o¦^9.)

This indicates that your web server doesn't know to process those files as
CF files, and instead is just returning them as if they were HTML files.
You'll need to either ensure that your web server is configured correctly,
or reinstall the CFMX web server connector, or both.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444