> This is the problem:
> In form1.cfm
>
> <cfquery ...>
>    seelct  * form ...
> </cfquery
>
> <cfwddx action = "" input = "#query1#"
> output = "wddxQuery1">
>
> <input type="hidden" value="#wddxQuery1#" name="wddxQuery1">
>
> On the submit form:
> <cfwddx action = "" input = "#form.wddxQuery1#"
> output = "wddxQuery1"> bombs if the original query some
> fileds with special characters in them. In my case &
>
> The query is based on some previous data, entered by the
> users and I have no control over it. It happnes only very
> rarely but still when it happens the user cannot continue and
> they get frustrated

You can simply escape these characters before you use the CFWDDX tag. You
can do it in your database query, or you can loop over the query object,
examine each field, and escape them then. I wouldn't be surprised to find
something on cflib.org to do this.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496