> I'm pretty suprised no one's mentioned Ant and the many, many tools
> around it for the deployment side of things. Regardless of the SCC
> system, Ant is a nobrainer for automating deployment,

I was about to :)...here's my experience with ant:

1.  Needed to set up a system to automate a complex deployment that is
easy to get wrong by hand.

2.  Downloaded Ant.  Read the readme and looked at the examples.

3.  Wrote Ant script, it runs perfectly.

Thirty minutes of time just saved hours of hunting down problems.

> As an aside, I'll be talking about these tools at CF-United in the
> Open Source Java Tools session and they are certainly topics that can
> come up at the BOF.

Looking forward to that!!

-Joe

--