On 11/13/05, Marlon Moyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would say it's probably the most common type of web app deployed today.

Possibly but the trend is to more complex business applications, IMO.

> RoR doesn't need any special editor other than notepad and a command line.

Right, but PLUM does (so I expect you're agreeing with me that RoR
"wins" over PLUM here?).

> Isn't that like saying Mach-II won't let you reuse your FBX circuit
> files?  What framework does play nice with other frameworks?  PLUM and
> RoR are frameworks.

You can build a model (ad hoc CFCs or with Tartan or ColdSpring or...)
and just drop it into any of Mach II, Fusebox or Model-Glue. The same
is not true of what PLUM generates as far as I can tell.

> This isn't directed at you Sean since you seem to try everything at
> least once, this thread seems to be the epitomy of not using the right
> tool for the job.  Mark should try RoR instead of asking others about
> how it compares to his choice, afterall, how will you know you're
> using the correct tool if all you know is CF?

Good point - and one of the main reasons I keep harping on about
learning more than one technology.

I installed RoR and ran through the tutorials. I only blogged about it
afterward (although I voice some concerns on lists before that). I'm
hoping to find more time to play with RoR to expand on my concerns
(or, maybe, allay them).
--
Sean A Corfield -- http://corfield.org/
Got frameworks?