If you buy FlexBuilder 2 when it is released and install the standalone
version, you won't have to know anything about Eclipse.  You are isolated
from Eclipse for the most part.  As Ben stated, the IDE runs on top of
Eclipse.  If you are using Eclipse as your primary IDE, then you can opt to
install FlexBuilder as a 'plugin'. If you take this route, you already know
how Eclipse works, so it is a non-issue. You just download and install the
plugin.

Eclipse is the Java worlds answer to MS Visual Studio, except that it is
free. People build plugins (or apps) that extend the functionality of the
IDE. If you are developing Java apps, then the MyEclipse plugin is probably
for you. Using CF? CFEclipse is the plugin you want. Need source control?
You download Subversion and the Subclipse plugin so you can maintain version
control. Want to check out Ruby on Rails, download the plugin for that. You
integrate all of these plugins to customize your workspace to the way you
work.

VS2005 has the same idea, except in most case you are paying a lot of money
for the tools. They do have open source initialtives, but you won't see
nearly as many.