>  I think that not learning
> newer versions or other technologies is just going to end up hurting
someone
> in the long run even if they are self-employed.

I definitely agree, which is why I'm "confuzzled" (to quote Todd)
about which direction to go...CF or ASP.NET...both are strong, it seems.

ASP.NET 2.0...harder to code, I think, but seems to have functions that
CF 7 doesn't.  All the software from OS, server (IIS 6), Visual Web
Developer,
all from the same company and integrated in approach...

I'm just trying to weigh the pros and cons...Not looking for a free ride by
any means, but also don't like being "stiffed" by Adobe on the upgrade price
after previously owning a "full edition" of CF.  I had to sacrifice to get
that first
$1300 edition of CF and don't like being told I have to pay full price
again, even
now when I can afford it much more easily.  Adobe's never had a policy like
that on any full version software that I know of...and I've used a lot of
theirs for years...

MS is willing to give me a lot of software to get me in the fold...

Rick