From: Ben Forta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 5:12 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: ASP.Net book for CF programmer

>> I had about convinced myself to make the leap from 4.5,
>> then Adobe decided that I had to pay $1300 while everyone
>> else has to pay only about $600...just a little annoyed about that.

Just to be this in perspective, had you had upgraded some of the versions in
between it would have been simpler to upgrade now. Most companies have
upgrade policies and prices for a limited list of prior versions (usually
just a few prior and a few years). CF4.5 (which came out in 1999 I believe)
is 4 or 5 versions back, and even more years back. Most companies do not
provide upgrade plans for software that far back (and software that is so
old that it is no longer supported), that really is the norm.

--- Ben