> ASP.NET 2.0...harder to code, I think, but seems to have
> functions that CF 7 doesn't.  All the software from OS,
> server (IIS 6), Visual Web Developer, all from the same
> company and integrated in approach...

And, likewise, CFMX 7 has lots of functionality that ASP.NET doesn't have.
For the life of me, I can't find the "print to PDF" option in ASP.NET.

> I'm just trying to weigh the pros and cons...Not looking for
> a free ride by any means, but also don't like being "stiffed"
> by Adobe on the upgrade price after previously owning a "full
> edition" of CF.  I had to sacrifice to get that first $1300
> edition of CF and don't like being told I have to pay full
> price again, even now when I can afford it much more easily.
> Adobe's never had a policy like that on any full version
> software that I know of...and I've used a lot of theirs for
> years...

It's SEVEN YEARS OLD! Most software companies aren't even in business that
long! You know, I can't get upgrade pricing from Microsoft Word for Windows
2.0 to the latest version either! Damn the injustice!

Look, either it's worth your money or it isn't. You really need to get over
the idea that you're being "stiffed". If it's not worth buying, don't buy
it. If it is - if you will make money as a result - then it makes sense to
buy it. I don't think you're going to get any more resolution from this
thread, though, because you're essentially just saying the same thing over
and over again. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but if you do so
you should expect to hear the same answers each time.

> MS is willing to give me a lot of software to get me in the fold...

Why do you think they're so willing to do this? Why do they need to do this
to succeed? Why can't every software vendor take that approach?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/