On 5/6/06, Rick Faircloth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the perspective, Denny.

Hey, anytime. It's about all I got, so...  [-=

I've haven't tried talking with Adobe about it, but should
> I decide to upgrade, I'll certainly talk to them.
>
> As far as the changes from 4.5 to the current version,
> I wasn't saying not much has changed, except from
> the standpoint of all the changes still end up performing
> add, update, delete, report as the basics of CF functionality.

Here you've got the basic "wheel" theory.  The wheel has been
around for a long time.  It does today what it did several thousand
years ago, gets you from point A to point B a little easier than
big, flat feet.
    So from one standpoint, nothing at all has really changed, we
still use a circle for something a circle is good for: rolling. (The
Hudsucker Proxy(? a movie about a circle sorta) comes to mind...)

Yet I bet the modern additions of stuff like rubber and traction
control(the formulas!) and such would wig a cave man out. "you
mean this one can go through MUD!?! Wow!" etc.

So not much has changed, but MAN has a lot changed.

No hard examples from me, I'm "too close" to see what's
different, but the various changelogs are a good place to start.

If you are interested in the long, winding, uncut version of this
response, I'll send it privately.  I totally wandered off tho...
Started talking about how HTML isn't the best of mediums,
(and never has been) and my dad's old "dual" motorbike and
Boyd/airplanes and random OT stuff like that.  Nothing more
useful than the above, presumably.
The first couple paragraphs were about all that actually
addressed the new question (if any).
Take THAT, chaos!
:-Den