> I finally had a stable CF system and was really afraid to touch it,
> being a one server business.  I didn't have multiple servers as I do now,
> and couldn't afford for something to go wrong.
>
> The water got a little too deep for comfort.

You gotta swim at some point.

And you also need to get into "The Cycle", as it were. IF you
want to.  Stone/wooden wheels are still in use to this day, so
of course it isn't really needed.

I'm fascinated with the whole process, how things evolve
and whatnot.  It's cool that there are developer versions of
things, so you can test them out, if you can find the time.

I've been running MySQL 5 for a week or so now on my dev
box, so I'll already have patched the leaks, so to speak,
when I decide to upgrade the production server (or have to,
roughly 5 years from now, give or take. ;).

One disadvantage of being 'leet 'n having stuff "still running"
(and believe me, there is a 'leetness to it) is the limited
interaction with new products, or plain non-usability of new
products, do to requirement changes.

A quote from a movie I really liked, but didn't think I would:
"Don't live your life in FEAR!"
 - Ballroom Dancing

Heh. Well, enogh of my blather, I could stay on topic* and
still have people wanting me to shut up, so I'll get to
focusing on what is at hand, here in front of me.
*theoretically

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts, as it were,
and again, may The Force be with you and your decisions.
:denny