" I've heard about Spotlight...sounds similar to Google Desktop Search or MS's
recent desktop search tool. "

its similar but it actually works and its built into the os so its way less
resource intensive, i remember trying the google one on my pc which there is
768mb or ram on and it dogged it out. In spotlight everything is added
instantly, seemlessly you dont even know its working. That was also the point
behind winfs I believe was to basically mimic the file system and how it can be
indexed like a mac does it but you dont gotta worry bout that now........

The whole windows vs apple is what it is but the thing i always see is that ppl
try to compare winxp against mac os9 and they have no or little knowledge of
the current osx. And all you got to do is compare what ms is "trying" to do
with vista and see its just basic stuff osx has had for years now. Hell I
thought the same thing about macs... back in my medical days I had to work on
them and hated them just so damn ugly then the i can.d girls were at my house
all the time with their apple powerbooks and I still wouldnt even look at them
as I was moving to linux. Then one day i did and started playing with it and
was blown away. And what I like is that I get to play with all the current
stuff today, I just dont get why ppl stay on old os's like win2000 when they
could be enjoying the goodies of today, i mean do the people that do that still
listen to walkmans (with cassetes).

I think Ray Camden said it right when he said "now that osx is my os I am
finally excited about the os that i am on..." (sorry if i miss quoted ray)

~Dave - formerly known as "the disruptor"~