Thank you for pointing that out. I'll have that specific text changed in the
morning. There are a number of lists that are targeted for different
subjects. One of them is CF-Community which is for OT stuff like this.
That being said, I have to agree with others and ask that this thread be
moved to CF-Community.

> If the thread in question was so off-topic as to "go to new heights/lows"
how
> much more so this thread about the thread that left the topic?
>
> And anyway, the CF-Talk guidelines say:
> "The CF-Talk Mailing List provides an email based forum in which members
can
> read and post about ColdFusion and related topics."
> "Please DO post your succinct questions and answers, announcements about
> events, products, and job opportunities and your input on discussions of
> workplace issues. As long as the topic is ColdFusion-related, and your
TOPIC
> clearly defined in your SUBJECT line, it is acceptable (exceptions noted
> below). "
>
> Since this thread is pertinent to both "workplace issues" and the
ColdFusion
> language itself, as well as a large group of its developers/users, I would
deem
> it to be on-topic.
>
> Note that this list is CF-Talk, not CF-Code-Help.
>
> <ching>
> <ching>
>
> On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, paul smith spake thusly:
> > I chose to receive messages about CF.
> > Not about totally different topics.
> >
> > OT messages are one thing, and I almost always simply tolerate them and
hit
> > delete, but this thread goes to new heights/lows.
> >
> > I simply make the observation that those who feel so strongly about
those
> > who inflict unwanted unwanted messages on them chose to express their
> > feelings on the subject by inflicting unwanted messages on others.
> >
> > Don't you think that's a bit odd?  Don't you think they could have
instead
> > simply corresponded directly with the person they consider a SPAMMER?
> >
> > best,  paul
> >
> > At 04:24 PM 10/11/00 -0700, you wrote:
> > >We're not spamming the list.  You choose to receive these messages.
> > >
> > >--K

the body.
> --
>  Jon Tillman