SQL 2005 comes pretty secure out of the box (no external connections).
Apache/IIS can be configured to listen only on 127.0.0.1, and so can
ColdFusion (with a little xml editing).

Best not to use IIS, use apache, keep apache config in svn, so that changes
to the config can be sent over to other developers, and you should be fine.

If all the servers are listening only on 127.0.0.1, they're not really
security holes now, are they?  Unless you have them running as a system, and
then some local Trojan exploits them, but that's pretty far fetched.  In any
case, set up local accounts with limited priviliges and run the services as
such.

We used to run everything on a shared dev server, but it's a pain.  Things
get edited, and don't get deployed, and pretty soon your dev environment is
radically different then production.  With a local dev environment, you know
that you're the only one making changes, and you can revert everything back
to way it is on production, and you can also use branches.

Also use Eclipse with subclipse plugin.  It makes working with subversion SO
MUCH easier then tortoise (especially the merging).  You can run it on your
QA server and use it to merge branches into the trunk, and do testing on the
QA server first, and then commit the changes to the trunk.

Russ