From: "Owens, Howard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Here's my priority list:
>
> Priority 1, errors the client finds;
> priority two, errors that can be easily reproduced;
> prority three, errors that a number of users are reporting;
> priority four, errors that only a few users are reporting, but I easily
> understand why they are happening;
> priority five, errors effecting only users using WebTV or AOL and seem
> attributable to those access points and are hard to reproduce or understand
> why they are happening (outside of the fact that WebTV and AOL are screwed
> up).

Priority 0, errors that I find. (Not superseding the above list, rather
supersetting it.)
I must be some sort of decrepit fossil clinging onto the crumbling edge of
the last reef before the abyss. Beta testing at the expense of customer's
time and effort grates against the blue-collar, skilled trades ethics I
grew up amidst. Pride in workmanship and satisfaction from a job well done
used to be more than just marketeering slogan meat.
I would be unhappy that a customer found a bug before I did.
(Change requests are a separate matter.)
Debugging shouldn't stop with product shipment, else we should all stop
coding and start selling Firestone tires.

Just my personal slant on the issue - should have all been posted to
cf_community.

Pan