> Simply because you personally immediately see the benefits of
> integrating PHP into CFML code, doesn't mean that the value
> is not there. It only means that you can't see it (yet).

One could say the same to your reaction to .NET. But then one could be
accused of snarkiness, I suppose.

> The GD libraries that are included in PHP are far superior
> to anything I've ever seen from a Java environment.

Aside from that, which you've been able to integrate with CF via CFEXECUTE
already, are there any other examples that come to mind? There just aren't
that many things PHP can do that CF can't (and vice-versa).

This might be useful when transitioning from one environment to another, but
beyond that, I just don't see much value. Whereas with Java and .NET, I can
see all sorts of value from integration - primarily, because those are the
big areas where people are writing business applications and components (and
not necessarily web-specific stuff).

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net