I'm currently running CFEclipse with a few copies of our fairly large code
base open.  Eclipse process takes up about 3mb, and javaw, which is what
eclipse runs on top of takes up 300mb.

I have 3gb of ram, and it's true that people with limited amount of ram
can't run eclipse.  They should spring for an upgrade, but eclipse is still
sluggish with a large code base.  Sometimes it takes several minutes to
refresh the workspace after a merge.

I still prefer eclipse over DW and homesite due to it's tight integration
with SVN and other tools.

Russ