In my view, you're playing with fire, Rick. Even if you're a single
developer, I'd urge you in the strongest way to start using version control
(Subversion). Copying and pasting your code is better than nothing, but for
virtually no cost at all (in money or effort) you can be getting so much
more. First, it gives you the ultimate safety net. At all times, no matter
what happens, you have a full history on every single file in your project.
If you screw something up you can roll back individual files, folders,
specific sets of files, or the whole project back to any previous state. You
have a comment history that explains what you changed at each step. You can
do comparisons between any version and any other version, including locally
modified files that haven't been committed back to Subversion yet.

You can also set up separate versions of your application, such as a stable
version that is current in production and a separate version for ongoing
development or bug fixes. You can then merge changes from the new codebase
back into the production version.

Tags are similar to versions, but you can create a tag on a set of files
that applies to different versions of your files. So version 22 of FileA and
version 19 of File B can both have the same tag. Yet another way to organize
things and have a way to roll your code back that goes beyond just revision
numbers.

Finally, you can leverage the power of ANT to create deployment scripts that
pull any version or tag from your repository and go through all of the steps
necessary to move it to production. Things like:

   - zip the current code and back it up to another directory
   - prune all unit tests or other supporting files before deploying
   - substitute values like data source name, path, Mach-II production
   mode in the config file, or anything else into the code automatically
   - pull a specific version of the code from SVN
   - copy the files or move them via FTP or SFTP
   - set up a temporary "this site is in maintenace mode" page while the
   deployment happens
   - execute a browser request to force a framework or application-scope
   reload
   - etc

And the beauty is, you can do all this just by clicking on a button. It
happens exactly the same way every single time. When you have a lot of steps
to do manually its easy to forget something or do it in the wrong order. ANT
is like your robot slave, doing whatever you tell it to so you don't have to
worry about any of it.

A bit of a digression from just talking about the benefits of version
control. And again, a great benefit of Eclipse is that ANT is built right
into it.