> Then press send. (The copy machines I have seen don't have
> good ways of typing in much beyond just numbers, so if they
> had to type in the domain name too for the email address,
> that would be a deal breaker--nobody would do it.)

A few years back, I worked a little with Xerox Docushare and related
hardware solutions. One of the things you could do was fill out a cover form
with pen and paper, and the machine would automatically OCR it and post the
document to the appropriate repository based on the data input from the
form. The form itself would generally be limited to pretty simple input;
you'd use a comb (something like this: |_|_|_|_|) for entering letters and
numbers.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/