From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 6:00 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: OCR Solutions

> Does anyone know of any ocr solutions that can be
made to work with
> ColdFusion?  What I'd like to do is have documents
scanned and emailed
> to a coldFusion server and then OCR'ed to find a
person's name or
> account number.  The number will be used to match
the document to a
> database record so the document can be attached to
their account.

Since lots of scanners come with OCR solutions, why
not do it there? Adobe
Acrobat does this quite well, in my opinion.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software provides the highest caliber
vendor-authorized instruction
at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta,
Chicago, Baltimore,
Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location.
Visit http://training.figleaf.com/ for more
information!