On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 6:50 AM, Tanguy Rademakers
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > Being open source isn't much one way or the other, tbh.
>  Well, if people want to add features that are missing, now they can.

But it will be up to New Atlanta and the BlueDragon Open Source
Steering Committee whether your suggestions will be accepted. Open
source does not mean that everyone can just pile in and change the
source. Sure, you could modify your *own* copy to add features - but
that will just create lots of incompatible engines. Everyone will need
to work with the process, like Sun's JCP and all the other successful
open source projects out there.

I'm very concerned that a lot of CFers really don't understand how
open source projects work - I see the same thing around all the CF
frameworks with folks just assuming that their changes should be
incorporated (and getting upset when the project team refuse to
incorporate them) or going off and creating their own incompatible
version.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood