I'm surprised how little love the YUI project is getting.  I've used it
extensively for production sites and found it to be very good.  The BSD
license allows you to use it any way you like without worry.  For the same
reason I don't worry about a MS buyout, I believe the project will continue
regardless.

YUI also has documentation on using their libraries in an ARIA compliant
fashion.
http://search.yahoo.com/search?vs=developer.yahoo.com&fr=ush-myweb&va=aria