Your point is well-taken, Charlie.

And yes, I do use CF, but I need some language to program in
and CF is so easy to program.

However, I don't depend on any IDE for coding.  I stay away
from wizards, etc.  I hand-code everything, except for what I borrow
from others.  I just like to understand my code and not get stuck
if a "program" should become unavailable.  Now, depending on
a "foundation" program, such as CF is a little different than
what I'm talking about.

But no, I have never used Dreamweaver, and, after using Eclipse
for a few months, I gave it up.  Not because Eclipse wasn't suitable...
it didn't generate any code for me...but because I couldn't get it to
function with CFE, SVN, and FTP the way I wanted.  It was my fault, but
I just needed to put it aside for the time being to get some work done.

And yes, Subversion, like Windows, is a tool I use in my work, but it
doesn't do the work for me.  Subversion just watches my back as I work.

But the whole point about Model Glue or any other framework is that
it probably does a lot of stuff I wouldn't understand, and if something
went wrong, then I might not be able to fix it.  Now, I'm just expressing
a view from a perspective of ignorance, not having used any frameworks.
That's why I said I'd take a look...I would just do it with some
trepidation.

I just like to avoid dependence unless it's necessary or there's a
great benefit from the risk.

it