Mike,

Congratulations!  Children are a joy, but I hope you are prepared for little
sleep for some time!

Anyways, yes, that was my thought, however I was hoping that you would know
a few more details regarding the line items.  If the information is stored
in the database, is there anyway that you can do some of the line counts
etc. on the addition of the new items?  Or are the users able to basically
change the line descriptions for each line item each time?

If there were anyway to do a character count etc. before it was passed to
the report, that would be better, because I think that you will find that
the report generation will become sluggish if you are making it work to
hard.  Again, not something that I have ever done, but I think that it makes
sense (well to me anyways) and should provide the answer that you are
looking for... maybe?

Rob