So does extJS, I started using dojo 2+ years ago. And when I was introduced
to extJS, I was amazed at how much easier it actually is, my money is on
extJS all the way.

And coldext has tag based coldfusion tags, to do the same thing you
described.

Truthfully, you don't need it. But it helps to move code around visually a
lot easier.

extJS + coldext for the win

--
Senior Coldfusion Developer