Digging deeper...

Using a program called 'Altova MapForce'. Opened the WSDL file in there,
here are the global settings.

WSDL Definitions:
http://irm.resortdata.com/LutsenInterface/IRMPublic.asmx?wsdl
Service: {http://resortdata.com/IRMPublic}IRMPublicMethods
Port: IRMPublicMethodsSoap
Operation: {http://resortdata.com/IRMPublic}CheckAvailability

Endpoint: http://irm.resortdata.com/LutsenInterface/IRMPublic.asmx

Looking again at the aspx.vb file:

Dim CheckAvailabilityRQ As New IRMPublic.CheckAvailability_irmRQ
(in the VB file it appears they are creating a new object from the def.
IRMPublic.CheckAvailability_irmRQ)

How can I accomplish the creation of the object CheckAvailabilityRQ using
ColdFusion?

<cfobject
    name = "IRMPublic">
    webservice= "http://resortdata.com/IRMPublic";
    type = "webservice"
    wsportname = "IRMPublicMethodsSoap">

Then use CFINVOKE or something to create an instance of
'IRMPublic.CheckAvailability_irmRQ'?

I think I am getting closer...