curious as to why anyone would want to switch from MySQL to MSSQL......
 a quick look at mysql.com/customers showed the following:
 facebook
 feedster
 flickr
 fotolog

Let's be very clear about the different versions of MySQL.  Chances are
when someone says they are using MySQL, they probably have the free
version.  I guarantee you facebook and company are paying the healthy 5
grand per server for the Enterprise version of MySQL which comes with
unlimited tech support, GUI Admins and monitors, etc.  The free version
of MySQL comes with pretty much a set of online docs and a "good luck".
(Mind you I use MySQL-- the free version-- for my sites and like it very
well).

I'm guessing a lot of people who say they switched from MySQL to MSSQL
probably went from the free version of MySQL to MSSQL.  And if you're a
.NET shop eyeing SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration
Services, and the rest of the MS koolaid, there could be a lot of very
good reasons to switch.  I really like MySQL (hey, it's FREE!), but if
money were no object I would be using MSSQL for my personal sites in a
heartbeat.  Well, if my server wasn't Linux that is...  :)

~Brad