For Oracle and other non-free vendors, there is a benchmark:

http://www.tpc.org/

FWIW, David obviously had MySQL mis-configured.  :)

Or else maybe he didn't *believe* it would work very well, and thus, it didn't.

And FWIW*2, there are a couple open source versions of CF now.

The best reason for using MS SQL is that you're an MS shop, and have
tons of licenses for everything, don't mind the $$$ per processor, per
user, etc., etc..

I prefer freedom, personally.

--
There are admirable potentialities in every human being. Believe in
your strength and your youth. Learn to repeat endlessly to yourself,