> On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 15:17 -0500, s. isaac dealey wrote:
> >
> > In my case in particular, my skills are fairly slanted toward the
> > technical, meaning that my people skills are rusty.
>
> LOL....I think that's just a programmer trait ;-)
>
> My staff once compared me to the new toilet paper my partner
> bought.....abrasive yet effective ;-)
>
> It's funny because it's true!

One of the things that tends to frustrate me about job placement ads is
that they always seem to want you to be some combination of Einstein's
level of technical expertise and Obama's speaking finesse. ;) Forget
that Obama isn't an especially technical individual and that Einstein
wasn't the most effective communicator. Much less the everpresent
knowledge gap between a manager's understanding of the task at hand and
the engineer's understanding of the same task, meaning that even if the
manager were the world's most renowned orator, it would be impossible
for him to communicate effectively about a subject matter in which he's
just not well versed. </rant>

--
s. isaac dealey :: AutLabs
Creating meaningful employment for people with Autism

http://onTap.riaforge.org/blog