> One of the things that tends to frustrate me about job placement ads is
> that they always seem to want you to be some combination of Einstein's
> level of technical expertise and Obama's speaking finesse. ;) Forget
> that Obama isn't an especially technical individual and that Einstein
> wasn't the most effective communicator.

This is a bit off-topic, but Einstein was actually pretty good at
communicating with people.

And when it comes to programming, communication between programmers,
PMs and clients is VERY IMPORTANT. I've seen more projects fail
because of bad communication than anything else.

Frank Lloyd Wright, the famed architect, was a bit eccentric, but he
was onto something when he insisted that his students learn social
skills. He saw them as essential to being a successful architect.
Without those skills, it didn't matter how good you were at the act of
designing structures - you wouldn't be hired in the first place, or
you wouldn't be able to convey your vision to your client, or you
wouldn't be able to convince your client that your design shouldn't be
changed at the client's whim, etc, etc.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/