Ray,

You really don't want me to get started on Adobe and the pricing off CFB.

Screw it....

It is overpriced, I use it because I was given a copy for home and it was
bought for me at work. Would I buy the next version, no I am going to be
very reserved on that. The reason being is that while other products in the
Adobe range get constant updates, and other software vendors release
constant updates.

ColdFusion and ColdFusion Builder get let me see 1 update, in other words
unless you pay for the support to get your problem fixed it is not fixed nor
is it released in a subsequent update. Adam is clear in saying in the latest
CFhour that it is in his team's best interests to move straight onto the
next release, and that means that if you are waiting for bugs you are forced
to fork out money for another product release.

This is wrong, and something adobe should take under consideration. If the
current release is actually stopping people from using the product, as
people have described, would it not make more sense to be proactive and
release more updates and get the product to a more stable product. Hell
these bugs have to be fixed sooner or later, and Adobe's attitude is later,
and if that means alienating customers they don't seem to care.

I strongly advise Adam to listen to his customers, and begin to release more
updates/fixes during the 2 years between ColdFusion releases, and to begin
releasing more updates for ColdFusion Builder. Otherwise I don't care how
good the next version of Builder is I personally will not be buying it, I
don't like greed in a company, and this model comes across as greed.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
http://www.andyscott.id.au/