> It's been running like a champ for us over the last three days on a
> moderately high volume site.  I can't imagine that the CFX overhead
> would be that much higher than ISAPI overhead.  CFX_GZip is a good
> multi-threaded tag...

The overhead is most likely on the cache file writes and cache reads. You
just gave me an idea for a work around that could be better and faster than
all the options we have just discussed. With both ISAPI and CFX, the system
has to compress each and every single page output as it is a new one. Might
as well store the compress data into the db using CFX_GZip and serve it out
of the database. This way, not only do we save CPU time we also save I/O
overhead. Serving from the database is much more efficient (ram and cpu
wise) in the long run than reading from the filesystem. So we only compress
it once every so minutes or hours.

> > With IIS 4.0 you need the recource kit which contains the
> > isapi compression filters.
>
> Ahhhh....  Now this I did not know...  I must give this a try...

Look for compFilt.dll and gzlip.dll and deflate.dll

Xing