pssst....wanna get ahead in this world people??? Listen to the older people,
they've been there and done that.  Attacks against senior personnel, even in
the IT industry I generally regard as career suicide (even if they are
indeed incompetent).  No I'm not saying "Kiss up to the boss". Rather I'm
saying don't call the boss a "babysitter" or "old folk".  Why? He IS at the
top unlike what you said:

"Gimme the script kiddies anyday, script kiddies grow up to be internet
workers and innovators, annoying legally minded (old )programmers are just
plain dull"

Remember Dave Watts is CTO of Fig Leaf Software.  Might I kindly ask where
you are?

Anyways to Dave: I've always found your posts on this list informative and
thought provoking.  Where I aspire to be someday (give me about 10 years
perhaps).  Just brush off this little annoyance and do what you're doing :-)

(now about that job opening at Figleaf...LOL)

Gregory Harris
Web Developer
Stirling Bridge Group LLC

P.S. Don't even think about hiring me, I like it here in SoCal :-)