From: Russ Michaels [mailto:r...@michaels.me.uk]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:08 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Log question

personally I find the cfadmin and navigation quite straight forward.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Eric Roberts <
ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:

> apparently, there is no way to clear the logs so you don't have to
> skip over many months of log entries to get where you want (which is
> what I was trying to do)

yes there is, and has been for a very long time, you just click the "archive
log" button, which archives the log and creates a new one.

> CF does not recreate the exception log.

normally it re-creates all the logs if they do not exist, there is something
wrong with your install

>  I don't
> see any logical reason why you would want to permanently delete the
> exception log or why you would even want that option.

maybe people want to just delete them instead of arching them when they get
big. Most people don't even look at the logs let alone archive them and look
through old ones.

> --

Russ Michaels

www.bluethunderinternet.com  : Business hosting services & solutions
www.cfmldeveloper.com        : ColdFusion developer community
www.michaels.me.uk           : my blog
www.cfsearch.com             : ColdFusion search engine
**
*skype me*                     : russmichaels