As stated by both me and adam more than once, this is not normal behaviour,
the log is normally created automatically when error occurs, there is
something wrong with your install or no exceptions occurred.
Delete button does exactly what mos folks expect it to do, in even warns
you after you click it as adam said, cant get much more obvious really.

Regards
Russ Michaels
www.michaels.me.uk
www.cfmldeveloper.com - Free CFML hosting for developers