I would agree with Paul here. Financially, CF is extremely lucrative in
the UK with rates around 30% higher than ASP.

The reasons are quite simply that ASP is more popular, but anybody that
used to do VB now does ASP, so the market may be bigger, but so is the
recruitment base. This has made ASP consultants cheaper to acquire.

This is also a reason why people use ASP. Europe has been very MS
orientated. If you are already developing using Visual Studio, you
business might as well continue down that development path.

What it doesn't recognise is that CF is inherently faster to develop for
(so I have found) and provides a lot of functionality that you have to
write/purchase yourself for ASP.

Then again, try persuading business people to shell out for Spectra. Not
easy...they cannot see the application development benefits.

One thing though...there is a severe lack of GOOD CF developers in the UK.
It's amazing the number of people that attempt to blag it. If I interview,
I use a simple questionaire that I walk through with the
potential...sometimes it really is quite embarrassing.

Adam