And to follow that up, yes php has its fair share of security issues too
but this is mainly directed at the uber popular apps because there are 100s
of thousands of sites using them not because it is foss.
Yes cf has been hacked but it has not been targeted anywhere near as many
times as php because it is not worth it given the number of sites using cf.
Moving to Railo would be a less drastic step, but I can certainly
understand why it is hard to sell cf solutions.

Russ Michaels
www.michaels.me.uk
cfmldeveloper.com
cflive.net