On Mar 17, 2014, at 3:26 PM, Wil Genovese <jugg...@trunkful.com> wrote:

> PHP isn’t safer. Just different.
>
> And just because you’re not hosting the servers does not me you are not
> responsible for them and you certainly are responsible for the damage caused
> by the hack. Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/vulnerabilities and look up
> PHP vulnerabilities.

Totally agree.  I love developing in CF as I can build complex apps in 1/2 the
time as it takes in PHP.  As long as you do your part in writing secure code
and keeping the server up to date, it’s rock solid.  That said, CF is,
effectively, an orphan in Adobe’s business model these days.  I can’t speak for
everyone, and I really like CF10 as an application server, but more and more
new clients are migrating in the direction of Railo.  The development team
there keeps coming on strong and I have the benefit of pitching an open-source
stack, with fewer of the negative associations that the word “Coldfusion” seems
to generate in the IT community these days.    I tend to discuss the
programming language, rapid deployment, and the ability to leverage Java with
the app server choice as a secondary