Tom,

My one questions is you say that view source is identical from a hacked and
non hacked  server - that seems odd. There are a number of hacks that could
produce results that manipulate your files by adding content.

This one uses the missing file handler:
http://www.coldfusionmuse.com/index.cfm/2013/12/5/attack.vector.missing.temp
late.handler

and can alter files.

This one that uses the (bad) practice of moving files to a URL accessible
folder before checking them - or relying JUST on the file extension.
http://www.coldfusionmuse.com/index.cfm/2009/9/18/script.insertion.attack.ve
ctor

Either one of these is capable of producing an iframe or adding content to
files etc. Of course there are others - bad news I know. Sometimes the best
solution in these cases (the one that gives you the most reassurance and
least amount of time spent) is to reinstall on a pristine server - from a
repo if you have it.

-Mark

P.S. let CFWT know if you need formal help on this.

Mark Kruger - CFG
CF Webtools
www.cfwebtools.com
www.coldfusionmuse.com