From: tom muck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 12:09 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Ultra Dev 4

It sure IS a developer's environment.  Even more so than CF Studio, although
it's still a little rough around the edges.  If you have a section of code
that you use often you can make a server behavior out of it so that next
time you need it you can just drop it on the page.  This is much better than
using code snippets, because you can have user-defined attributes that allow
you to browse to file paths, pick database columns, image URLS.  I have to
say that after coding CF by hand using Studio, UltraDev probably doubles the
output I can normally achieve.  Not to mention the fact that you can whip up
quick sites with basic functionality in a matter of minutes using built-in
server behaviors.

Also, you can view a page in Live Data mode that you wrote in CFStudio and
see how it will look in the browser.  This is better than just browsing the
file and then going back and tweaking the code -- you can tweak the code or
the design in real-time and watch it change instantly.  I'm sure the next
version of UD will be more CF friendly, but for now it's pretty damn good.
It will never replace Studio, but you can use the two together much more
effectively than either one by itself.

tom
www.basic-ultradev.com