From: "Brandon Wood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 9:49 PM
Subject: SSL, IIS & CF...

> Hey all...
>
> I am going to be a complete heel and ask a few questions about SSL to
those who seem to work with it quite a bit in real world scenarios.  I
haven't had to implement an SSL-protected site or templates in some time and
seem to be stumbling when trying to implement a strategy to begin.

> My situation is this:
> I have written an entire site, including non-secure forms that collect and
store user data and the like using CF and SQL Server.  I am in the process
of "securing" the pages using SSL but have been having problems getting
started.

> Is there any way I can use a directory to house both secure and non-secure
forms and call them merely using https instead of http?

> I am having the worst time in trying to get even a page to show up using
IIS's "directory security" using an SSL key pointed to an IP using the
secured directory.  There always seems to either be a page not found error
or a SSL protected page error.  Any help at all in getting any or all of
these issues ironed out would be extremely useful, as I did not think it
would take much time at all to roll out a secured version of the templates I
had already written....which may be an extremely huge misguided thought.

> Also, does anyone know of a GOOD repository of SSL, IIS, CF and setting
these up in general?  I have scoured the Microsoft site to no avail, and
there is not much better info available from Allaire, it seems.  Thanks a
ton for the vine...and any help you may send my way.