At 19:15 10/12/2001 Tony Gruen said....
>Thnk you for the link, I will check it out. I agree on the user format
>trouble. We are validating the format pretty heavily and all emails seem to
>be correctly formatted. Our tests are not even going anywhere.
>
>This is a well known issue, however, careful monitoring and resending or
>restarting the server has kept us going in the past. Now nothing helps.
>
>Tony Gruen

To answer the question in the Subject.

We use Howie's or rather his company's CFX and his SE iMS.

We never have any problems. It is much more flexible, more
powerful, the support is great and it just sends the mail.  I have
lost track of the pricing but the SE version is a bargain. I think
the annual licence is $80.00 or so. The reason I mention this is
that I know some folk get confused and think they need the full iMS
mail server with POP SMTP etc etc.Also that if they are running a
full mail server on the same box they can not use it.  The SE is
only a Post server it can happily reside on a server that has
another mail server running alongside.

To replace CFMail just use the SE version I am sure there is a
trial version you can download and test.

    We have it running on a Box with CF, web server,and mail server
that churns out a fair bit of mail on some tech support lists.

I just wish I could resolve some other issues as easily as iMS
resolved the CF mail problem.

We have customers who can log on and generate a mailing of
10,000.  It never concerns us, would not want to rely of CFMail for
that.  Not fair to compare the two anyway as delivering it straight
to an efficient Post Server is bound to be better and more efficient.

Mystery to me why everyone isn't using it.

Mail Howie or join the iMS support list if you have any real
technical questions.

Gordon