From: "Shawn Grover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 12:09 PM
Subject: RE: Macromedia Folks: What are you thinking?

Neil, this comment is toooo generalized.  I myself really don't care what
tool I use.  I care that the tool I use be able to conform to how I work -
not me conforming to the limitations/functions/procedures of the tool.

I HAVE used Dreamweaver/UltraDev to develop a dynamic ASP site, and have
done a quick eval of DWMX.  And have no real complaints about the design
side of things.  But to make things work right, or optimize code, then I
would have to go to code level.  Dreamweaver was NOT a good tool for that
level of work.  It's looking like it is a better tool now with the MX
version.  But it still forces me to conform to how IT works, not it
conforming to how I work.

So, to say that I have never used Dreamweaver, and panicked that Studio was
being axed is not accurate at all.  Afterall, if I were concerned about
Studio being axed, then I'd just keep using the current version - no axe
there.

In my opinion, and I do mean this politely, you need to reevaluate why some
of us developers are expressing concerns.  Nobody is saying that DW is a bad
product - quite the contrary.  I think everyone agrees that DW is an
excellent tool - but geared towards Designers, not Coders.  You yourself say
you use BOTH DW and Studio - so, you should fully understand why this thread
has continued for so long.

I'm looking forward to the day I can use DW exclusivly, but until it
conforms to how I work, and stops telling me how I "should" be working, I
doubt I'll ever use it in that manner.

My thoughts.

Shawn Grover