I can back that, at my first job, MS used to call us to ask if
"everything was ok" and chit chat about upcoming stuff with our IT-
centric managers, and regularly sent invites to launch of new products
built on MS tech. AND it was at a large private school, so our
licenses were all a fraction of the RRP... Compared that to the time
(still at that job) where I got one of my directors (IT based, there
was only 2) to ask about LiveCycle (I was interested in doing
integration with exchange and AD for apps for our internal intranet,
and logic for alot of the stuff that was being done manually.), I was
told the response from adobe was something along the lines of "if you
don't know how you are going to use it, its probably not worth your
time and money".

At the time the were thinking of going to other MS products because of
not having to manage AD permissions on CF and greater integration for
MS tech with each other. The end result is obvious, they went with MS,
though to date it seems the main project didn't get delivered to my
understanding and currently on hold but thats another story.

Also don't get me started on projects where companies buy software and
spend like crazy doing integration then not achieveing fully what they
wanted when it would have been a better shot at it if it was mainly
custom built.

@Kym I reckon you might want to talk to the Railo crew and see if you
can get some sort of partnership going for Australia... I reckon its
time php and .Net got some serious competition from CF in ANZ

my 2 cents
Chong