"I love developing resources, working with them to realise their full
potential."

Resources, Chad?

Forgive me for saying but you mean "people" don't you?

People who have passion? who have failings? who have ... family?

In my mind, there's a distinct difference. It's "people" who can have
a symbiotic relationship employer/employee - including the goodwill of
providing training to look to the future.

"Resources" are simply to be used. Sucked dry like a dog removing the
marrow out of a bone. Thrown on the scrap heap when all is spent.

I suppose it's the difference between cooperation ... and prostitution.

and if I haven't made my point clear, employers would do well in
building up goodwill and loyalty with their employees if they simply
cared about them - including providing training and career pathways to
encourage them to stay instead of moving on.

... unless they're simply "resources" to be slotted in and out when needed.

my 2c.
barry.b