Hey folks, as some of you may know, I'm coming down for the cf.Objective(ANZ)
conference in Melbourne in 2 weeks. Given the distance and duration (and being
our
10th anniversary), my wife is coming along and we plan to spend about a week
before
and after traveling Victoria and perhaps Tassie.

One question we have is: what's the situation down there for public internet
access
(wifi or hardwire)? Here in the States, you can rock up to any McDonald's or
Starbucks
and have free wifi. Is that the same there, by any chance, or at any place else
we
might reasonably pop into once or twice a day if needed? We are looking to hook
up our
laptops, not use rented workstations such as in an internet café. (The hotel
we're
staying in the first week charges about $15/day for internet access.)

Also, anyone want to hazard a recommendation for where best we might look to
stay in
Tassie from Sat the 20th to Wed the 24th? Of course, recommending for someone
you
don't know well can be a challenge. We have no kids, are in our late 40's, and
are
reasonably fit. We enjoy history, culture, nature, and so on. Not particularly
sports
or sporting enthusiasts, nor beach bums. It seems it may be a good idea to get
a car
there and drive around, staying in one city for a couple of nights, then
another. If
anyone has any recommendations, we'd welcome it.

Thanks.

/charlie