>From Mike Henkes blog;
http://www.henke.ws/post.cfm/Turbo-charging-Eclipse

 I got the following eclipse.ini settings, which makes my IDE
significantly more responsive than the default settings.

-nosplash
-vmargs
-XX:+AggressiveHeap
-XX:+AggressiveOpts
-XX:+UseParallelOldGC
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=2
-XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=1
-Xverify:none

The blog article gives a description of the settings too - which is
handy for those that want to know the WHY of it all.
For my Mac I had to remove this line, otherwise eclipse fails to
start;
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=2

the heap shows up as XXX of 1957 and normally hovers around
750 of 1957
less than 200 after a GC.

As for what I think of CFB2...
I think it is a great improvement over CFB1.

And as for your searching...
If you click on the filename in the search window it opens the file
and place the cursor at  (1,1).
If you click on the the actual line that has the found text, it opens
the file and places the cursor at the correct line.
Well that's how it works for me anyway...

Lastly, I don't know if it makes much of a difference or not...
But I install CFBuilder as a plugin to a discreet install of eclipse.

Gavin.