I couldnt agree more with those goals...

Also, I like the philisophy around your perlmonks.org
doc.

People should be able to get these things going pretty
easily and then get more detailed as needed.

Kind of like buying a car, they package the car with a
few options and almost anyone can drive it. A serious
enthusiast can mod the car later on an as needed
basis.  First its the exhaust, then you add the intake
when you learn a little more, then you add suspension
when you learn a little more, then you add
a turbo kit when you get more advanced, and so on.

Working with some of these modules is like trying to
install a turbo kit on a car that I dont even know how
to work.

Chico